Vote NO on Bush's $82 billion
Supplemental Budget Request
to fund the occupations of
Iraq & Afghanistan
The House of Representatives is preparing to vote on the Bush Administration's request for an additional $82 billion to fund the occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan, perhaps as early as Tuesday, March 15, 2005. Every day the U.S. spends over $200 million of working peoples' money to fund war and occupation in Iraq. 100,000 Iraqis have died. More than 1,500 U.S. soldiers have been killed and thousands more wounded. There should not be one more dime spent on Bush's criminal wars, occupations and torture programs.
The A.N.S.W.E.R. Coalition has set-up an easy to use way to send Congress a message of opposition. Use the link below to tell Congress to Vote No on the Supplemental Request.
$82 billion would:
1. Restore Bush's proposed budget cuts for 150 federal social programs more than four times over.
2. Restore 48 education programs Bush proposes cutting, plus hire about 1.5 million teachers in our elementary schools.
3. Provide health care for than 14 million uninsured workers.
4. More than cover $60 billion in Medicaid spending that Bush wants to cut.
5. Provide housing vouchers for 14 million low income families.
The U.S. government has destroyed the lives of the people of Iraq. Opposing the $82 billion Supplemental Request is a way of speaking out against the continued occupation of Iraq. The people of Iraq deserve reparations - not more money used against them for death and conquest.
Update on March 19/20 Global Day of Action
On March 19/20, actions will take place in hundreds of cities across the U.S. and around the world as part of the Global Day of Action on the second anniversary of the "shock and awe" invasion of Iraq. The A.N.S.W.E.R. Coalition website is currently being updated and will soon list March 19/20 demonstrations taking place in 45 U.S. states!
- View the list of actions
- Fill out the Event Listing form for your event
- Show your support for the March 19/20 Global Day of Action
Students & Youth Mobilize Against War & Racism
The Students & Youth Week of Resistance March 14-18 initiated by The Global Resistance Network and Youth & Student A.N.S.W.E.R. is gaining momentum.
- View a list of events taking place across the country
- List the event taking place at your school
- Read the Call to Action
Funds are Urgently Needed
Funds are urgently needed to help the antiwar movement continue to get stronger. We can’t do it without your help. You can make a contribution through a secure server by clicking here, where you can also find information on how to contribute by check.
Act Now to Stop War & End Racism
National Office in Washington DC: 202-544-3389
New York City: 212-533-0417
Los Angeles: 323-464-1636
San Francisco: 415-821-6545
For media inquiries, call 202-544-3389.