A.N.S.W.E.R. Activist Meetings
in Washington DC
September 24 Mass Antiwar Demonstration
Learn more & Get involved
Wednesday, August 17
@ 7 pm
1247 E. St. SE
corner of 13th and E Sts. SE,
a few blocks from the Potomac Ave. Metro on the blue/orange line
Meetings begin August 17 and
will take place weekly in August and September
The August 17 and future meetings will include:
- Updates on what is happening on the ground in Iraq, Palestine, Haiti and around the world.
- Political discussion on the Bush administration's plans at home and abroad, and how we can organize against them.
- An antiwar response to major news developments.
- Reports on local and national organizing for the September 24 demonstration - learn what cities are sending buses and how people all over the country are organizing to be in DC.
- Updates on local outreach efforts.
- Information on how you can become involved as a volunteer.
- Details of the plans for the September 24 demonstration and how you can help make the demonstration a success!
Special reports at the Aug. 17 meeting:
- Video footage from the Crawford, Texas rally led by Cindy Sheehan, whose son Casey was killed in Iraq in April 2004.
- Report from World Youth Festival in Venezuela from Howard University student Eugene Puryear who will have just returned that morning.
Who should come to the A.N.S.W.E.R. Activist Meetings?
- Everyone who has been handing out flyers, putting up posters, forwarding emails and helping to spread the word about the demonstration: you can report on the outreach you have done, hear what others have done, coordinate plans for future outreach, get tips on good places to put up posters and hand out flyers, and discuss with others the questions and issues raised by those who you have met while doing outreach.
- Everyone who wants to help spread the word: you can learn how and where to put up posters and hand out flyers, get talking points for discussions with people you meet while doing outreach, and sign up to team up with others.
- Everyone who wants to learn more about the plans for the September 24 demonstration: we will give reports on national organizing, the plans for the day of, and more!
At the meeting, we will have tens of thousands of beautiful, two-color flyers, posters and stickers that you can pick up to help spread the word.
Whether you have been to every Washington DC demonstration or have never been to a demonstration before, if you are interested in learning more and getting involved, you are encouraged to join us this Wednesday, August 17 (or if you can't make it this week, any Wednesday for the rest of August and September)!