*Please send to friends and through social networking sites!*
A CALL FOR A UNITED MASS DEMONSTRATION:
Say no to Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer when she comes to Boston!
Say 'No' to Anti-Immigrant Racism!
Saturday, July 10 in Boston
12 noon at Copley Square
East Coast Protest at the National
Governors Association annual meeting
|Spread the word!|
Click to make a donation to the protests
On Saturday, July 10, thousands will protest against anti-immigrant racism at the National Governors Association annual meeting in Boston.
Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer’s racist law, SB 1070, has ignited a firestorm of protests around the country at the very time when immigrants and their supporters are standing up for reform. In addition to SB 1070, which legalizes racial profiling and is aimed at all people of color in Arizona, the state has passed a bill, HB 2281, which bans ethnic studies from public classrooms. Other states are reportedly considering similar moves.
In Massachusetts, a series of anti-immigrant amendments were passed into the State Senate's version of the budget, restricting access to basic social services like healthcare, education and housing. Also included is the creation of an anonymous tip line for the public to report on undocumented people and mandating the state to investigate all reports made.
These attacks come at a time when all people are suffering from the wave of budget cuts and mass unemployment that makes racism and anti-immigrant xenophobia so dangerous.
It’s time for Brewer and the rest of the state governors to be met with the outrage felt by millions of immigrants and their supporters.
Immigration must be on the agenda of the annual meeting of the National Governor’s Association—and our voices must be heard!
Join us on Saturday, July 10 to demand:
* Repeal Arizona’s SB 1070 and HB 2281!
* From AZ to MA: No to all anti-immigrant legislation!
* No human being is illegal—Full rights for all!
* End all racial profiling and police brutality! Stop the raids and deportations now!
* Stop the budget cuts! Jobs, healthcare, education and housing—not war!
Call to Action issued and endorsed by
- ANSWER Coalition
- Vamos Unidos USA
- Boston Mayday Committee
- Mass Global Action
- Unidad Latina en Acción
- Hermandad Mexicana Nacional
- New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC)
- Muslim American Society Freedom
- La Iglesia San Romero de Las Americas-UCC
- Rev. Graylan Hagler, National President of Ministers for Racial, Social and Economic Justice
- Barrio Unido para Amnistía Incondicional
- Ugnayan ng mga Anak ng Bayan (Linking the Children of the Motherland)
- Damayan Migrant Workers Association
- Massachusetts Immigration and Refugree Adovocacy (MIRA) Coalition
- Deported Diaspora
- Bishop Felipe Teixeira and the Diocese of St. Francis of Assisi, CCA
- Student Immigrant Movement (SIM)
- Work for Quality-Fight for Equity
- Coalition for Equal Quality Education
- International Support Haiti Network (ISHN)
- Haiti Liberte
- CRISOL (Coalition of Residents and Immigrants in Solidarity)
- Muslim American Society (MAS) Boston
- Worcester Peace Works
- Partnership for Civil Justice Fund
- March Forward!
- Alliance for Global Justice
- KmB Pro-People Youth
- Mariposa Alliance
- Nodutdol for Korean Community Development
- Movimiento Caamañista de Nueva York
- Existance is Resistance
- GUERRILLA REPUBLIK
- National Lawyers Guild-Massachusetts Chapter
- Immigrant Solidarity Dupage
- La Voz de los de Abajo Chicago
- March 10 Immigration Committee
- Committee on Pilipino Issues
- We the People
- Hudson Valley Activist Newsletter Peace and Social Progress Now
- Bail Out the People Movement
- Parents in Action for Leadership and Human Rights
- International Action Center
- Eric Mar, Member, San Francisco Board of Supervisors
- CLASP (Caribbean & Latin America Support Project - New Paltz, NY)
- Party for Socialism and Liberation (PSL)
- Free The Five Cultural Committee, Toronto
- Socialist Alternative
- United Native Americans
- Muslim American Legal Aid Society Talas
- Turkish American Legal Aid Society ... and many others.
|Spread the word!|