Fund peoples needs, not the war machine!
Coinciding with the 20th anniversary weekend of the criminal U.S.-invasion of Iraq, the ANSWER Coalition and dozens of other organizations will gather on Saturday March 18 at the 24th & Mission BART, SF for a rally demanding "Peace in Ukraine – Say NO to Endless U.S. Wars” and “Fund People's Needs, Not the War Machine.”
Since 2003, the U.S. has engaged in sanctions (economic war) on more than 40 countries. Even in the wake of the worst disasters, like the recent deadly earthquake, Washington keeps its cruel sanctions in place against Syria.
U.S. bases and “commands” blanket most of the world. It is a global empire.
The Biden administration is determined to escalate the Ukraine war. The real goal of the massive arming and training of Ukrainian forces has nothing to do with the interests of Ukrainian, Russian or American people. The aim instead is to “weaken Russia” as stated by the U.S. Secretary of Defense himself, even at the risk of a catastrophic nuclear war that could end life on Earth.
A U.S. General commanding 50,000 troops in the Pacific also issued a letter to his sub-commanders in recent days informing them that he believes that the United States will be at war with China within two years. The danger of global war is growing! The people must act!
- Peace in Ukraine - Negotiations not escalation!
- Abolish NATO - End U.S. militarism and sanctions
- Fund peoples needs, not the war machine
- No war with China
- End U.S. aid to racist aparthaid Israel
- Fight racism and bigotry at home
- U.S. hands off Haiti
- End AFRICOM
- ANSWER(Act Now to Stop War & End Racism) Coalition
- The People's Forum
- Code Pink
- Veterans for Peace
- Black Alliance for Peace
- Palestinian Youth Movement
- East Bay Democratic Socialists of America
- Arab Resource and Organizing Center
- United National Antiwar Coalition
- Peace and Freedom Party
- Human Rights Working Group of the First Unitarian Church of SF
- Workers World Party
- Cuba & Venezuela Solidarity Comm.
- Raging Grannies
- Resumen Latinoamericano
- Task Force on the Americas
- Party for Socialism & Liberation
- (Partial List)
See you there!