The people’s uprising in Egypt has proven what we have been saying for years: that changing society comes through organization and mass action. The heroic struggle of Egyptian youth, students, workers, and poor communities have given us a shining example of that fact that we can fight back, and we can win. The people have the power.
Click here to download an 8.5x11 March 19 flyer.
Here in Los Angeles, unemployment is rising, college tuition continues to climb, social services are being gutted, and more teachers are being laid-off. All the while, over $700 million a day is spent waging a war against the people of Afghanistan and Iraq—two imperialist wars that we have no reason to support.
March 19 provides the opportunity to hit the streets and demand real change right here in the United States. We are working hard to build a mass demonstration to demand money for jobs, education, health care and housing—not war and occupation. A victory in the streets doesn’t happen on its own. It takes a dedicated group of organizers and volunteers to make it happen.
Here are 6 things you can do to right now to help build March 19. Get involved in the struggle today:
(1) Help with a Mass Mailing to spread the word about March 19. This week from Tuesday night through Sunday afternoon, volunteers will help put together a 2,000 piece anti-war mailing to let people know about March 19. Come in tonight through Friday at 5pm or Saturday and Sunday at 12 noon. Meet at 137 N. Virgil Ave., #201, Los Angeles 90004.
(2) Endorse March 19 and become an organizer in your school, community, organization or workplace. We can send you flyers, posters and stickers to pass out. Click here to endorse and request materials. You can also call us at 213-251-1025 or reply to this email.
(3) Spread the word on social networking sites by sharing the information on AnswerLA.org. Click here to join and share the Facebook event page.
(4) Volunteer to build March 19. Join us every Saturday at 12 noon for our weekly volunteer meetings at 137 N. Virgil Ave., #201 in Los Angeles. Click here if you can volunteer on Saturday or any other day of the week.
(5) Become an Intern with ANSWER. Set up regular office hours and gain valuable experience as a political organizer. Click here to fill out an internship application.
(6) Make an urgently needed donation to help with the many expenses that ANSWER is incurring in the mobilization. Click here to make a donation.
For more info call 213-251-1025 or email [email protected].