ANSWER leaders and grassroots activists to speak at Midwest Socialism Conference in Chicago
Saturday, Nov. 5 and Sunday, Nov. 6
UIC Student Center East
750 S. Halsted St., Room 302
Doors open at 8:30 a.m., program begins at 9:30 a.m.
ANSWER Coalition leaders and other movement organizers will be joining an exciting conference to be held in Chicago this Saturday, Nov.5, and Sunday, Nov. 6. We urge everyone who can to attend this important event.
The Nov. 5 and 6 event will feature two days of speakers, panels, organizing sessions and discussion at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Hosted by the Party for Socialism and Liberation, hundreds of workers, students, organizers, anti-war activists and progressive people will come together from across the United States.
Doors will open at 8:30 a.m. and the program will begin at 9:30 a.m. on both days. We encourage everyone to attend the entire conference.
The speakers at the Midwest Socialism Conference include the following well-known activists and organizers:
Brian Becker: National Coordinator, ANSWER Coalition
- Mark Clements: Anti-death penalty activist, leader in struggle to save Troy Davis. Clements was tortured by Chicago Police and unjustly incarcerated for nearly three decades.
- Ana Santoyo: Student organizer at Harold Washington College and one of the many activists mass arrested for civil disobedience in the face of police repression at Occupy Chicago
- John Beacham: Coordinator, ANSWER Chicago
- Peta Lindsay: Howard student graduate; ANSWER Los Angeles Youth and Student organizer
- Jesus Rodriguez-Espinoza: Consul General, Venezuelan Consulate
- Eugene Puryear: Editorial Board, Liberation newspaper, PSL leader
- Cassie Regan: Occupy Wall Street participant in NYC, arrested in the false mass arrests on Brooklyn Bridge
- Michael Prysner: Iraq war veteran; Co-founder, March Forward!
Organizations listed for identification purposes only.
We urge you register for the Midwest Socialism Conference today. Be there and bring your friends, family, co-workers, co-students and everyone you know.