2969 Mission St
San Francisco, CA 94110
Google map and directions
You are invited to LYRICAL REVOLT, a political-artistic space for expression through any vocal medium. Join us as we use the power of our words and art to battle the injustices that face the world today.
Every four years in the presidential elections we are presented with candidates from the Democrats and Republicans who work hand-in-hand to run the country in the interest of the banks, corporations, and the Pentagon.
The 2016 elections have demonstrated the illusion of democracy in the United States as calls for serious change are stifled and pushed towards a Trump-Clinton race. Donald Trump is openly supporting violent racism. Hillary Clinton proclaims herself a “progressive,” but is in reality a tried and proven warmonger responsible for death and destruction in many corners of the globe.
There are alternatives to voting for racists and warmongers. Now more than ever there is an urgent need to denounce the rigged, two-party system and organize to fight for systemic change.
This open mic is dedicated to building a united mass people’s movement beyond the elections to fight for a new system where the power is in the hands of the people, not the 1% and Wall Street.
- Opium Sabbah - Revolutionary Algerian MC
- Vixen Noir - Progressive funk singer and songwriter
- Khafre Jay - Socially-conscious rapper and director of Hip Hop 4 Change
- Lisa "Tiny" Gray-Garcia - Revolutionary slam poet and organizer with Poor Magazine
- Nick Borelli & Jacobo of Rebel Allianz - Local Hip Hop band combining old school funk beats with revolutionary lyrics
- C-Who? - Progressive Bay Area native Slam Poet
- Nyree - South Sacramento revolutionary poet
- Imrul Majid - Progressive Bay Area Muslim slam poet
- Glora La Riva - ANSWER organizer and presidential candidate on the Peace & Freedom Party ticket
Performer sign-ups starting at 6pm.